Pages

Friday 27 January 2017

TAG | Unpopular Opinions

Okay this post was meant to be posted months ago, I completely forgot about it and this is why I am only remembering now. I was tagged by the lovely Catherine over on youtube 'MrsCronall' If you want to do this tag I would love if you did.

1. A Popular Polish You Don't Like - I am not sure if this really counts as I don't actually own it. But it is OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark. This is a really strange polish, it is like a blood deep red. I am not into my reds so this wouldn't be the polish for me. To be honest I have seen a lot of swatches and they do look pretty on other people.
 
2. A Polish Everyone Hates But You Like - Mine would be bar glitter, yes that pet peeve of nail bloggers ha-ha. But I do love it, I can see why people don't like it when it sticks up and you get that really annoying scratchy thing on the nail. But I think I will be wearing a bar glitter soon.
 
3. A Nail Polish Finish You Don't Like - I think it will be matte nail polish. I tried AVON Grey Cement and I just couldn't work with it. I like to take my time applying but when you have to apply it super quick and that isn't for me. I am sure that it looks good but I found it was all patchy and just looked awful.
 
4. A Popular Brand That You Think Is Overpriced - I have to say Butter London. Most people actually said the same too. I have two polishes which funnily I am yet to use them. I got one at full price and then the other one I picked it up at TKMaxx.

5. A Trend You Can't Get On Board With - Chrome Powder, it kind of went a bit crazy over the stuff in the last couple of months. I am a patient person when it comes to doing my nails, but I don't think I would be able to keep up with that. It may look nice but I would be worried I'd completely mess it up.
 
6. A Trend You Didn't Like At It's Peak But You Do Now - Thermal and magnetic. I wasn't keen on the look of thermal polishes, I thought they looked odd. But I got one for my birthday last year and I loved it. I was fascinated at how it just changed. Magnetic is one I haven't really tried but I will be soon because it looks cool.
 
7. A Colour You Don't Wear Often Or At All - Red I really don't like the colour, I don't think it suits me that much. I am interested in picking up China Glaze Ruby Pumps. I do like the look of that, so I think I may pick that up.
 
8. A Polish You Think Is Overhyped - OPI Show Us Your Tips. I really like it actually but I was disappointed that it was pretty sheer. It is very pretty but I didn't realise how sheer it was, I love the colour as it such a unique one.
 
9. A Popular Top Coat You Don't Like - Mine has to be Seche Vite, I was so disappointed because it would smear especially when it did it to my nail art. It can be quite gloopy, I am still yet to find one I like.
 
10. A Nail Polish That Doesn't Get Enough Love - I think the Rimmel Gel polishes, the only one I have is Hottie Choccie. It was one of my favourite polishes of 2016.

2 comments:

  1. Such an interesting read and I love the questions. I'll def have to try it out at some point. I swear by seche Vite though, that stuff is all I use as a topcoat. However I know some people don't get on with it.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed it, I know I have seen so many people love it. I really wanted to, maybe it was just me. I think I will try it out again and keep going with it xx

      Delete