Pages

Saturday 1 April 2017

Nail Care | Allergic Reaction

I have been needing these two products religiously for the last two weeks. 
At work, I currently work as a cleaner and it does play havoc with my nails. But I don't mind as long as I can have a picture for instagram haha. But that isn't what this post is about. I recently found out I have a latex allergy as my hands are so swollen from the gloves. Over 2 months ago, I had been given different gloves, which cleared it up magically. My hands had never been so soft ever (yes really soft!). But I stupidly ran out of gloves and well the allergy returned. I won't get into why I'm back wearing the gloves because I don't wish to moan about colleagues. My hands have been so dry and red. They are so cracked and actually look like scales. My skin is so sensitive at the monent,so cuticle oil and hand creams are my best friends. Hopefully my skin will be back to normal soon and my nails aren't so dry, thank you for understanding this situation. 

2 comments:

  1. This is crazy to read, your employer really has a sense of duty to supply you with the correct protective equipment and if they don't, they can be in trouble,esp with a reaction like this. Don't wear those latex gloves again, refuse to work until you're supplied the right gloves and go to HR if nothing is sorted for you. After all you'll only end up making your allergy worst and next time you could end up having an anaphylactic shock reaction! It's very serious.
    However I'm loving seeing what products you're using.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is awful isn't it. I have been waiting a week as we speak and I am yet to get my gloves. I have bought my own gloves in and seem to be helping just a bit. I would show a picture of my hands but they are awful, hopefully it clears up soon. Thank you very much! xx

      Delete